Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blender into iClone Test

Having finally bought 3DXchange 4 Pro for iClone, I took some time yesterday to figure out at least some of one of the most exciting features - the ability to bring rigged characters from other programs into iClone.

I did a google search for free .fbx characters (my ongoing heartfelt thanks & appreciation to people who make their work available for free like that - I don't know where I would be without that tremendous generosity!!!) and found a ninja lady made in Blender.

I followed the steps outlined here to 1) Export the character from Blender as an .fbx file; 2) Import the .fbx file into 3dXchange 4; 3) Save the animations as individual clips in 3dXchange 4; 4) Export the character into iClone 4; and then 5) Play with the character in iClone!

Here's the results of my very fast test - nothing fancy here. I didn't fiddle with the texture of the original or apply any iClone standard animations - all animations used were from the original Blender character.



This feature in 3dXchange 4 opens up WORLDS to iCloners. I'm quite excited!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

There is so much promise and excitement with the new 3DX program - I can not wait to get my hands on it! Thanks for the share. Nice work!

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

My Recent Releases

Counter

 
Powered by Blogger